Welcome to Celebrate December at Elle's Studio! The month of December will be packed with Holiday Inspiration, projects, layouts, and gift ideas from many talented designers. Be sure to check the Elle's Studio blog everyday for prizes, giveaways, and inspiration!
Today we have the perfect teacher gift idea from Lisa Dickinson. Lisa was on the Elle's Studio Design Team in 2011 and we are delighted to have her back as a part of our Celebrate December event. I am always so inspired by Lisa's designs! The Holiday Wreath and Gift Card holder she created is PERFECT for teachers, hairdressers, and friends. She even included a tutorial so you can create this too for your holiday giving. Thank you Lisa!
This cute little wreath is a perfect adornment for a teacher's gift! I've used it to decorate a bag of coffee, and included a gift card attached to the bag as an additional surprise. It's simple to make and once the gift is opened it can be used as an ornament or decoration for the holidays.
plastic lid from an oatmeal container
6-8 ft. of 1" tinsel garland
Elle's Studio Be Merry Lil' Snippets: Wishlist
Elle's Studio Be Merry Cutout
Elle's Studio Be Merry Tidbits
Elle's Studio Be Merry Numbers
Elle's Studio Be Merry Journaling Tags
Die cut machine or punches
3 small brads
8" of red gingham ribbon (about 1/4" wide)
12" green grosgrain ribbon (about 1" wide)
hot glue gun
1. Cute a 2.5" hole from the center of a plastic lid (I used an oatmeal lid). Staple the end of the garland to the plastic and begin winding around the lid until the plastic is covered.
2. Punch or cut petals for poinsettias from green card stock and various Elle's Studio tags. (I used the 3D Poinsettia file from the Silhouette Studio Store.) You'll need 2 green petals, 3 patterned petals and one small circle for each poinsettia. Assemble the flowers by stacking the petals from largest on bottom to smallest on top and attach with a brad.
3. Use a hot glue gun to adhere the 3 poinsettia flowers to the wreath.
4. To hang the wreath, wrap the red gingham ribbon around the top edge. Tie a bow with the green grosgrain ribbon and adhere it on the top of the red gingham with hot glue.
5. Attach the wreath to the top of the bag of coffee by taping the ends of the ribbon with scotch tape:
6. Trim down one of the Elle's Studio journaling tags and punch the top edge with a scallop punch. Adhere the bottom and side edges to the coffee bag. Once dry, slip a gift card behind the tag.
You could also attach the wreath to a bottle of sparkling cider and include a restaurant gift card. Or tie it to the handle of a coffee mug filled with your teacher's favorite candy. There are lots of possibilities for this cute little decoration!
Today we are giving away a Celebrate December prize pack! Leave a comment on this post and we will draw a random winner to receive this prize pack full of Elle's Studio goodies!