This weekend I was just dying to create a Halloween layout about the little Halloween get-together I'm having tomorrow... but of course, I don't have photos of it yet. So, I'm scrapbooking ahead of time, this time around!
Here's the steps on how I created this layout:
1. Start with one piece of American Crafts Nightfall Halloween paper and cut off the extra bottom piece where the bar code is - don't throw it away though, we'll use it later. I sprayed a little Studio Calico White Mist on the bottom portion to lighten up the black paper.
2. Next I used our 4 x 6 Spooktacular journaling tags since they are 4 x 6 photo size, to figure out where I want my photos placed.
Autumn Feast, October Night, and Autumn Night. When I get my photos printed, I will put the photo on, centered on each of these papers. When I center the photos on these papers, they will have about 1/4 inch around the photo of the paper showing like a border.
4. Now tuck in a Spooktacular journaling circle tag under the top left square, and remember that piece we saved from step 1? Cut the strip so it fits below the very bottom piece of paper and the left one.
5. Alright, are you ready for the tricky part? We now have to glue everything down, but while we are gluing we have to remember that we still have to slide the photos in, so we can't glue everything down completely yet. Below is an example of where I put the glue for the bottom blue square. See how it does not touch the other squares? This will allow me to still slide the photos underneath the blue square when I have them.
Halloween Snippet journaling tag and back it with a piece of American Crafts Nightfall Autumn Night, trimming it so only about 1/8 inch shows around it. Glue it to your paper, only putting glue where a photo does not need to slide under.
Halloween Pennant and another tag from the Halloween Snippet, again only gluing where the photo does not slide under - above is an example of how you can use a piece of scrap paper to double check you have no glue where the photo will need to slide under, later.
8. To finish off the layout, I added a couple fun embellishments from the K&Co's Spook-Tacular accents.
Next week, after I add the photos, I'll show you how it looks! Who knows, I might even decide to add a title over the photos after they are one! Don't forget that you can do this with almost anything - and it's a great way to get a head start on those holiday layouts or your December Daily!
Halloween Pennants, Halloween Snippet and the Spooktacular journaling circles.
*Comments must entered by 11:59 pm on 11.05.11 to qualify for entry. One entry per person, please.
Congrats to last week's winner:Cheryl Leong, please email us the info below to claim your prize to email@example.com
Prize: October 23rd